Here are our top 5 tips to help you get your best beach body
Manly Beach Health Club: 5 Tips For Your Best Beach Body:
1. Do Basic weight training: To Increase your resting metabolic rate
- This is done by increasing your fat free muscle mass. The best way to do this is to lift weights to failure with proper technique. Try 3 sets of weights with 12 reps. 1 min rest between sets.
The 4 major exercises recommended are: a push like a chest press
A good exercise for the back is a seated row
A good one for the shoulders is Shoulder Press.
A key exercise for the legs is a Squat. Add hand weights for extra resistance.
2. Do Interval training.
This will increase the calories burnt by the body in a small amount of time. This will also result in more fat loss post exercise due to the high intensity.
High intensity training increase lactic acid that stimulates growth hormone! Growth hormones role in the body is to increase Lean Muscle mass and release fat in the blood stream to be burnt.
This will also get you fitter quicker so you can train harder and longer! This means quicker gains.
3. Reduce your carbohydrate intake on days when you are less active.
- Your carbohydrate stores are located in your muscles and liver. There is roughly 500g of glycogen stored in the body when full. This will last 60 – 80 minutes of exercise at high intensity pace. If you aren’t doing high intensity exercise, don’t eat as much carbs as your stores are not depleted. An anaology: If you try to pour water in to a full glass it over flows. This is like this eating carbs when your stores are full. This will just cause the body to burn the overflow of carbs in the blood and not your stored body fat.
4. Eat 20-30 grams of protein every 3 hours.
- Amino acids will decrease hunger. Also amino acids levels stimulate muscle growth which ultimately increases protein synthesis that causes an increase in resting metabolic! Remember the more muscle you have the more calories you burn as rest! That’s even when you are doing NO exercise!
5. Eat less processed food and more whole foods.
- The closer you can eat to nature the better. Food in its natural state is the best. Whole foods as opposed to processed foods contain nutrition that helps fuel, protect and heal the body. If you are choosing carbs vegetables, beans, legumes and pulses are the best. But remember only in ratios as to how hard you are working out. Veggies are a great source of all vitamins as well as carbs with minimal calories.
If you need a hand with your training and are looking for Personal Training Manly or Northern Beaches contact us on: Ph: 8966 9257 or firstname.lastname@example.org and we will help you achieve your fitness goals. Or watch our Personal Training video here.